Pages

Sunday 16 October 2016

Mandarin Indiranagar Bangalore

The Mandarin has good ambiance

There are thousands of restaurants in Bengaluru, but only few of them have restrooms and very few well maintained. I should appreciate that the Mandarin Chinese Restaurant in Indiranagar (Bengaluru) has a well-maintained restroom.

Hunt for car parking

In Bengaluru, only few restaurants can boast of parking facility. However, this Chinese restaurant in Indiranagar lacks parking space. While struggling to find a place to park my car, I thought of parking in front of Nagarjuna Andhra Restaurant, which has space for car parking. If I do so, the security will kick my butt if I enter the Mandarin Restaurant instead of Nagarjuna.
Mandarin Restaurant Bangalore
Mandarin Restaurant Indiranagar Bangalore


Finally, I was lucky to get a car parking just a few yards away from the restaurant, in the opposite road, which is not a designated parking area. It would have been no surprise if the traffic police had towed my car and fined me for parking there.
The restaurant gatekeeper suggested that I park the car there. Luckily, I got a table in the restaurant from where I could keep an eye on my car.

The Mandarin is crowded after 8pm

At about 7pm, the Mandarin restaurant had one table occupied and ours was the second one. By the time we were done with our food, say about 8pm, the restaurant was full.
I wonder why we order soups first only in a Chinese restaurant and not in any other Indian restaurant. The big Indian restaurants does serve soups but we directly hit on the main course. Can somebody throw an opinion on this?

The soups are good

Our first order, sweet corn chicken soup was a bliss. I know people who are fans of sweet corn chicken soup. They would love it here. Even the chicken mancho soup topped by roasted noodle was worth our order. This only increased our expectations on other dishes.
Chicken Mancho Soup
Chicken Mancho Soup
Then came the starters, the xian chicken sticks, the Mongolian fish (basha fish) and the honey glazed chicken wings. I never heard the name “xian chicken sticks” so ordered it out of curiosity. Not a bad decision!
Chicken Xian Sticks
Chicken Xian Sticks
As the name suggests, the xian chicken sticks is a minced chicken threaded into a wooden skewer. The peppery chicken was good and fun to eat in a skewer but for a mouth used to big chunks of chicken, this is no good. The KFC chicken is cheaper than this.
Mongolian Fish
Mongolian Fish
The Mongolian fish was a disaster. I did not like its taste. Probably the batter spoiled the game. I would love the fish coated with breadcrumbs or semolina. May be the Mongolian fish did not come out well in this restaurant. I should check this one in a different restaurant.
Honey Glazed Chicken Wings
Honey Glazed Chicken Wings
The honey glazed chicken wings was sweater than the honey cake sold in a local bakery. I am just kidding, but I do not like such a sweetness in a chicken. I cannot forget the crispy chicken wings in Sizzling Schezwan, which is also honey coated and not so sweetish, at least like this one.  Most of us did not like the sweetness and the dish went waste on the table. 
Mandarin Chicken Noodles
Chicken Noodles at Mandarin
The main course, chicken noodle, was no good either. It was oily and taste was not impressive. Those who are conscious about their cholesterol level should avoid this.
The chicken fried rice was another looser. I have had chicken fried rice in several Chinese restaurant and liked it. Therefore, I know how a fried rice should be.
Mandarin Indiranagar Bangalore
Mandarin Indiranagar Bangalore
No matter what, the Mandarin Chinese Restaurant has its regular feeding of customers. They are there for more than a decade and restaurant is crowded after 8pm.
Honey Toasted Flat Noodle Icecream
Honey Toasted Flat Noodle Ice-cream
Our final order was the honey toasted flat noodle ice cream, which is usually not available in regular ice-cream counters in Bengaluru. It is worth a try.

Mandarin Chinese Restaurant – Indiranagar, Bengaluru
Three adults and two kids

Budget – Rs. 2000 

No comments :

Post a Comment